Sunday, March 7, 2010

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

I'm excited that soup season has begun. I like a good soup every now and then. This is one I came up with this week and if it's a success, I post it..again, a lot of it is taste and add, so make sure you start on the blander side and go from there. (sorry the picture quality isn't wonderful..it was taken via blackberry) Also, bear with me, this is the first time I made this, so it should get better each time..depending on what I add or take out.

Cut and cook 1 cauliflower head:
add: dash of taragon, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, 1:1 water & chicken broth
opt: cook chopped onions (about 2 tbsp) in about 1-2 tbsp olive oil

Once cauliflower is cooked thoroughly, drain and put in a blender. Add 1 1/2 c chicken broth, 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Grate 1-2 c white cheddar cheese and 1/2 c mozzarella cheese

Put creamy cauliflower in a pan and cook on medium heat. Add cheeses, 1 "laughing cow" soft swiss cheese triangle (opt), dash of white pepper, and about 2-4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
Simmer on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
garnish with garlic asparagus and french bread!

Asparagus: you can either cook on stove or oven: 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or on medium heat covered for 5-10 minutes. Add butter, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment