Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This recipe I came up with on the spot and I liked the outcome, so I hope others will be able to replicate. Again, I need to get better at taking a picture of the food before I have already started eating it..but I guess that means it was too good to wait..haha

I started with leftover chicken stroganoff: which is a recipe coming soon: otherwise, cook some chicken and about 1 cup  heavy whipping cream and about 1 tbsp ketchup or tomato bouillon.

in a pan, add:
1 can (14oz) chicken broth/stock
a handful or 1 cup of chopped baby carrots
2 handfuls or 2 cups of frozen corn
1-2 cups water
a couple dashes of cumin, terragon, chopped dry bay leaves, savory, salt & pepper
a few squirts of lime and lemon juice
a few thin slices of anaheim chili pepper and jalapeno pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
1 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup white onion slices
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 stalk of celery cut in big pieces for flavor
chopped chicken (stroganoff style)

bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 30 min on low

add 1 green onion, chopped
serve with a dollup of sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment